Welcome!

Heey! Thanks for checking out my blog, please recommend to your friends and thanks for reading:)

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pretending

If I look through my magic window
There is so much to see.
The poppies in the garden
All nod their heads at me.

And when I look I sometimes see
A flash of shiny wings.
The Poppy Elves are there
They are such tiny things.

They climb right in their flowers,
And there begin to play,
And sometimes I can almost hear
Exactly what they say.

They play pretending games,
The way that I do too,
And pretend they're riding on a bus,
Or visiting the Zoo.

They play at schools,
They pretend they cannot fly.
And when the teacher gets too cross,
Then they pretend to cry.

A naughty elf pretended once
That she was just like me
As she ran around the garden,
For all the rest to see.

The others all laughed and laughed.
It was more than I could bear.
I couldn't even look at them,
It simply wasn't fair!

There are some times, of course,
When I pretend an elf to be.
I curl up small and close my eyes
But really all the time I'm me!

Marion St. John Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment