Welcome!

Heey! Thanks for checking out my blog, please recommend to your friends and thanks for reading:)

Monday, August 6, 2012

'The Enchanted Wood' by Enid Blyton Book Review

The first copyright date of this book was in 1939 so as you can tell this book dates back many decades. The author made this book a type of 'Fairy tale' as it is a children's books. The story is mainly about an enchanted tree named 'The faraway tree' which has different types of lands and adventures at the top of it. The book itself has pictures to help picture the different characters which the three children in the story (Jo, Bessie and Fanny) meet. When it was first published, the price of this book was 70p. I don't quite know how much it would be now as it is a very old novel and would be possibly found in some charity shops or old bookstores for around the same price. (ISBN 0 600 33168 7)

I am not sure what brought the Author to write a Novel with this type of interesting subject. However, she did very well with writing it as it brings a different point of view from children. Enid Blyton seems to have made this book rather peculiar which could make a child certainly think of the different possibilities in this world we live in. The book affected me in many ways, I personally think it helped broaden my mind and open up to all the possibilities there is in the universe. It has definatley helped me to see the different side of situations and I also think it has made my imagination much stronger. The book has reached its goal by making my mind think of the characters in the book and what adventures they could possibly get into next. It is safe to say that I would recommend this book as it has many different interpretations to it. It is perfect to be read to children because the many schemes which Jo, Bessie and Fanny go through would be any child's dream.

The book is about a wood which has many different surprises in it. The biggest surprise is the tree which, at the top, is a different world almost every day. There are also many lovable characters to meet which live in the tree itself! Them characters are Moon-face, the Sauce-pan Man, Dame Washalot and many more. It is a very unique story which many people would be interested in hearing more of.

The illustrations of this book are also worthy, the only bad thing about them is that there aren't many. However, the illustrations which are provided captures the scenes perfectly and also shows more of the characters and what they are like. The illustrations are in black and white but to me, that just leaves more imagination to this book.

This book is a Beaver book and their are many more like it. Such as, Amelia Jane is Naughty Again (This is a book about a naughty doll which gets herself into all kinds of trouble), Cooking is Easy (This is a Beaver original), Ursula Bear (A girl names Ursula wishes she was a Bear and the wish comes true but she had no idea how distressed life of a bear can be) etc..

To summarize, I really enjoyed this book. It was well written and I simply couldn't put it down. It may be an old Novel but it certainly got me stuck in a world of my own.

Favorite Quote:
'I'm going to take this nice little cottage for my own - and I shall live here.'

Thank you for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment